TERMS OF THE SALE: Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card. ALL purchases MUST be paid in full within 30 days after the sale. Make checks payable to “Porterville Fair”. The ultimate responsibility for payment for sale animals and add-ons rests with the person who signs the invoice at the time of the sale. Persons acting as “agents” for other individuals should have a signed authorization for purchase to release them from any liability for payment. Please attach the release of liability statement to the sales invoice.
2021 Save our Sale and Bid for the Kid
Procedure or conducting a livestock sale for the benefit of our exhibitors and patrons of the fair sale.
The mission of the Porterville Fair is to provide a venue for junior exhibitors of livestock, agricultural products, handicrafts, and other artistic works. To provide a source of community entertainment as well as a showplace for local businesses, civic groups, and youth groups. To provide an avenue for local community groups to participate in community service and to do these things in a professional and businesslike manner.
Schedule and Critical Dates:
Wednesday April 4, 2021
Wednesday May 5, 2021
- Auction Closes *All bids must be received by 4:00 PM in Fair office
Monday May 24, 2021
- Add-Ons Close *All add-ons must be received by 4:00 PM in Fair office
- Exhibitor may bring more than one pre tagged animal to be weighed if they are concerned about weight or animal quality. Exhibitor will be allowed to only sell 1 pre tagged animal.
- This will be organized by species date and time and designed to limit the number of people on the grounds at any one time.
- Animals must meet weight ranges and health standards + have their drug slips and COVID Release Waiver & Release of Liabilityin order to sell.
- Animals will be designated market ready or not market ready at the scale by a non-fair third party.
- Buyers will be given the option to purchase an animal for slaughter at a proposed minimum price.
- If they choose, they may pay a higher price for a specific animal.
- The normal fee structure for buying a fair animal will be charged.
- Buyers will fill out a form and fax, email or mail this form to be RECEIVED at the Fair by 5/5/2021.
- Add-On forms may be faxed, emailed or mailed must be RECEIVED at the Fair by 5/24/2021.
- Add-ons will be received as usual and applied to an exhibitor name. The exhibitor must have an animal in our sale to receive their add-on bids.
- Suggested Minimum Bids: Beef = $ 2.50 / lb. Swine = $ 2.50 / lb. Sheep = $ 4.50/ lb. Goat = $ 5.50/lb.
- Rabbit & Poultry Meat Pens and Commercial Bred Heifers will also be available for purchase.
- Buyers can name an exhibitor and buy an animal for this minimum price or more.
- Buyers must fill out one absentee buyer form for each animal they purchase!
- Buyers will mark their sheets for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice etc. Additionally, buyers may assign the purchase of their animal to the livestock or sale committee members.
- If a tie occurs for an animal between buyers, the first bid received will be used unless a second bid was higher. The losing bid will be notified and given an opportunity place a bid on another animal or add-on. The losing bid will not be allowed to increase the bid on the specified animal.
- Only buyers that have been out bid will be contacted.
- Exhibitors animals that are not purchased for slaughter will be sent resale. All add-ons will be applied to their animal in addition to the resale price.
Note, any exhibitor can choose to sell their animal outside of this system as a private treaty sale. The advantage of coming through the fair is the potential tax deduction taken by the buyer with a check written to a non-profit organization and the opportunity to collect add-ons.