JUNIOR LIVESTOCK AUCTION
SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2018
9:00 AM Commercial Bred Heifers
Market Animals starting with Grand and Reserve Grand Champions
12:00 PM HERITAGE ANIMAL
SALE CLOSES AT 7 PM SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2018. ALL ADD-ONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THAT TIME.
Kendall Kaylor & Matthew Leider, Co-Chairs
John Corkins, Sales Committee Advisor
-Mitch Brown -John Corkins -Dave DeRose –Kent Duysen –Sammie Duysen
-Phillip Giannetto -Mark Hess –Paula Job -Joe Jones -LC Kaylor -Julie Ladrigan -Caroline Laux -Dennis Laux -Gary Laux
-Nate Laux -Stephanie Laux -Lauren Layne -Matt Leider -Maria Martinez -Bob Nuckols -Jordan Parsons -Malynda Parsons
-Sara Parsons -Steven Parsons -Don Patrick -Paul Prescott -Frank Schlitz -Dennis Sexton –John Shannon
-Casey Tharp -Kenny Walker -Donnie Zimmerman
OFFICIAL BANK OF THE PORTERVILLE FAIR
WILL ACT AS THE CASHIER FOR THE SALE
TERMS OF THE SALE: Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card the day of the sale in the LIVESTOCK OFFICE unless prior credit arrangements have been made with management. ALL purchases MUST be paid in full within 30 days after the sale. Make checks payable to “Porterville Fair”. The ultimate responsibility for payment for sale animals and add-ons rests with the person who signs the invoice at the time of the sale. Persons acting as “agents” for other individuals should have a signed authorization for purchase to release them from any liability for payment. Please attach the release of liability statement to the sales invoice.
1. Exhibitor checks will be available at the Awards Banquet Friday, May 18, 2018 & will be released to 4-H Community Leaders & FFA Advisors only. There will be a $25 charge to replace lost checks. Checks will only be replaced within 30 days of issue date. NOTE: 4-H Community Leaders & FFA Advisors will be responsible to see that ALL thank you letters are collected & mailed to ALL livestock buyers, add-on AND award sponsors. A buyers list with addresses will be issued to each Leader/Advisor Wednesday, May 16, 2018. Award sponsor names & addresses will be prominently displayed on the back of each award.
2. FEES: The following fees will be assessed by the Fair Management. (Fees subject to change.
A. 5% commission on each animal sold
B. $2.05 each market beef (Brand Inspection & Beef Council fees)
3. Only animals graded “Market Ready” will sale.
4. By entering, each market animal exhibitor acknowledges responsibility in the event their animal is found to contain drug residues. If drug residues are detected, exhibitors may be liable for financial restitution, attorney’s fees & civil penalties. Exhibitors may also be subject to disciplinary measures administered by the Porterville Fair, including but not limited to, the cancellation of sale transactions. The Junior Livestock Auction is conducted for the support of education in Agriculture & the convenience of exhibitors. Exhibitors are solely responsible for the care & mortality of their animals until shipment by Porterville Fair.
5. Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion Market Steers, Lambs, Hogs, Goats, Rabbit & Poultry Meat Pens must be sold for processing at a state inspected plant.
6. Each exhibitor shall sell only one market animal through the Junior Livestock Auction, unless he/she shows a Grand Champion or Reserve Grand Champion & is exhibiting more than one animal. In that event, pursuant to the rule that the Grand Champion & Reserved Grand Champion must sell the exhibitor then may be entitled to sale a second animal. If an exhibitor exhibits more than one market animal, he/she must declare on hour following the conclusion of the market show.
7. Every seller will be required to serve as a runner after his/her animal is sold. Serving as a runner is a service to the staff & is considered a courtesy on behalf of the sellers.
8. ADD-ONS: Buyers can “add-on” additional monies to a purchase made by a primary buyer. ALL add-ons must be physically received in the Admin or Livestock office NO LATER than 7 PM the day of the Sale. Add-ons may be sent to livestock@portervi_wp400.com or faxed to 781.8601. Add-ons will not be taken at the auction block. Add-on invoices must be completed with a buyer’s number & required signature before an add-on will be taken. The minimum add-on bid is $25.
9. All market animals are consigned to the sale at the time of entry. Exhibitors wishing to withdraw their animal from the sale must do so at the Livestock Office within one hour after their market animal division judging is completed. If an exhibitor fails to declare their wish to withdraw their animal within the time allotted, the exhibitor will be charged a $50 processing fee to remove the animal from the sale.
10. Previous year’s buyers will be mailed credentials. New buyers must register at the table near the livestock entrance.
11. Any animal reaching a must sell position at any other livestock show can not be exhibited at the Tulare County Jr. Livestock Show and Community Fair. (Porterville Fair)
12. Maximum paid weight will be: Market Beef-1,300 lbs., Market Swine-265 lbs., Market Lambs-145 lbs., Meat Goats-100 lbs.
13. Condemnation: Each seller agrees to indemnify & hold harmless the Fair Board against any loss or liability by reason of any animal sold by such seller being condemned at point of inspection. The Market Livestock Sale is conducted for the convenience of exhibitors. The Fair Board will assist in any way possible, but will not be responsible, for any loss incurred before or after the sale.
LIVESTOCK OFFICE HOURS WILL BE POSTED